Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell recently introduced new language in a bill, AB 1316. This bill is being heard in the California Assembly Education Committee on Wednesday, April 28, 2021. The Committee will begin their session at 9:00 am and AB 1316 is agenda item 11 out of 12.
While the California Assembly provides the public the option to watch the Committee hearings via live stream, we have found that the stream is quite delayed. We suggest calling the Committee by telephone.
If you are able to help us share the call-in number posts with your community groups, we will greatly appreciate it since we will be at the Capitol trying to oppose AB 1316 in person.
*UPDATED WED 4/28/21 W/CALL-IN NUMBER* PLEASE SEE BELOW.
Call-in Details and Instructions: Once you have the phone number, these are the detailed directions about calling into the hearing on Wednesday:
1. Dial the toll-free number provided on the day of the hearing. Call-in number: 1-877-692-8957
2. Enter the passcode/pin provided: 1315437 then press #.
3. A recording will come on to tell you that if you are not the meeting host or cohost, press #.
4. There will be a pause.
5. A recording will tell you the total number of participants on the line.
6. You will then be able to listen to the hearing in progress. You will be in a listen-only mode.
7. When the bill is up that you want to speak to, and the Committee starts accepting support/opposition via the phone line you will hear the operator state to press 1, then 0 to indicate that you would like to speak.
8. The operator will come on the line and tell you your caller number. Write this number down.
9. Listen and wait for the operator to call your number. When your number is c