October 20, 2017
$11.00 Per Person except children 2 years and younger are $2.50 each
400 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661
We will have an on-board American Cetacean Society Naturalist (ACS-OC) to narrate the cruise.
Student Preparation: Preparing your students in advance and letting them know what to expect is essential to enhancing their experience on your whale watching trip! Pre-trip lesson plans (as well as supplemental post-trip lesson plans) are saved on our website which you can access at here.
Directions & Parking: We have two storefronts on the Newport Beach Harbor, one at Newport Landing 309 Palm St. Suite A, Newport Beach 92661, and the other is at Davey’s Locker 400 Main St, Newport Beach 92661 -- which is where you should check in 30-45 minutes prior to boat’s departure. They are a two min. walk away from each other along Edgewater Street. The best directions are available on the Davey’s Locker website.
Recommendations for students to come prepared with:
• Closed toed shoes
• Water bottle and a snack
• Sun protection, such as sunscreen and a hat
• Light jacket
• Camera (recommended)
• Cash if students want to purchase light snacks or drinks from the galley
• If students are prone to sea sickness, please suggest that they take Bonine or Dramamine at least one hour before heading out on the water.
• We strongly suggest checking the weather beforehand and dressing accordingly. It can get cold out on the water.
• Please do not bring the following: glass containers, outside alcohol, hard plastic coolers, and strollers.
Inclement Weather Policy: Our Whale Watching cruises will go out rain or shine. Typically, in case of inclement weather, and you are already here or on the boat, we will perform a modified harbor and sea lion cruise inside Newport Harbor.
To contact the organizer of this event click to email or call Janet Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 310-872-9971